Who knew the perfect salty-sweet complement to rich salmon fillets consisted of a simple soy sauce & brown sugar marinade, with hints of lemon and garlic!
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.